Senior Officer of Leadership Giving
Terms of Employment: Full-time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Philanthropy, William Rivas-Rivas
Position Location: Remote, anywhere within the continental United States. Requires the ability to travel frequently.
The Senior Officer of Leadership Giving will play a critical role in meeting Animal Equality’s ambitious fundraising goals. The Senior Officer of Leadership Giving will work collaboratively and strategically with the International Director of Philanthropy to help ensure the organization fulfills its mission of ending cruelty to farmed animals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding generous individuals and foundations.
The Senior Officer of Leadership Giving will:
- meet ambitious fundraising targets by developing and executing successful customized major donor acquisition, cultivation and solicitation strategies;
- identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit current high-capacity prospective donors through face to face meetings, events, emails, phone calls, and other strategic communications;
- prepare successful funding proposals and customized donor impact reports;
- work across departments to gain a thorough knowledge of programs and communicate that information to funders through proposals, reports, meetings, and in-person visits;
- develop annual goals with work plans, timelines, and budgets for meeting revenue goals and manage and monitor monthly progress toward achieving goals;
- maintain donor and prospect records in Salesforce database, including ongoing updates to donor and prospect constituent records; and
- work with the International Director of Philanthropy and United States development team to help plan and execute logistics for donor cultivation and recognition events, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of trends in the philanthropy field.
Animal Equality seeks a Senior Officer of Leadership Giving with:
- a commitment to end cruelty to farmed animals;
- an understanding of factory farming and how the system exploits and causes extreme suffering for animals;
- experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors with the capacity to have significant organizational impact;
- an ability to maintain donor files and securely handle confidential donor information;
- an ability to think strategically, problem solve, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and develop new ways to improve organizational effectiveness in a fast-paced environment;
- an ability to communicate effectively in a manner that will attract new supporters to invest in Animal Equality’s mission;
- an ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment and manage conflict with excellent interpersonal skills;
- a high degree of ethics and an ability to align behavior with the values of the organization;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- a high degree of computer literacy and experience with a fundraising CRM, preferably Salesforce;
- a desire to grow, learn, and improve the organization and oneself.
- A least six years of major gifts fundraising experience at a non-profit advocacy organization is required for this position and an adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
Benefits and Perks:
Animal Equality offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k), generous paid time off, paid sick time, and holidays.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
How to apply:
Animal Equality has partnered with Aspen Leadership Group in the search for a Senior Officer of Leadership Giving. You may view the position prospectus or submit an application via this link: https://opportunities.aspenleadershipgroup.com/opportunities/988.