SENIOR MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Terms of Employment: Full time, exempt, at-will
Reports to: International Director of Philanthropy
Position Location: Major metro area
Animal Equality seeks a Senior Major Gifts Officer who will play a critical role in meeting the organization’s ambitious fundraising goals. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will help ensure we fulfill our mission of ending cruelty to farm animals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding generous individuals and foundations. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the International Director of Philanthropy and is ideal for a strong, confident, and inspiring leader. This person is results-driven, detail-oriented, well-organized and highly energetic professional who thrives under pressure, meets fundraising targets, and above all, is committed to reducing animal suffering.
- Meet ambitious fundraising targets by developing and executing successful customized donor cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit current high capacity prospective donors through face to face meetings, events, emails, phone calls, and other strategic communications
- Prepare successful funding proposals and customized donor impact reports.
- Maintain donor and prospect records in Salesforce database, including ongoing updates to donor and prospect constituent records.
- Work with the International Director of Philanthropy and US development team to help plan and execute logistics for donor cultivation and recognition events. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of trends in the philanthropy field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A minimum of eight (8) years major gifts fundraising experience at a nonprofit advocacy organization
- Proven track record of cultivating and soliciting donors with six-figure capacity as a major gifts officer.
- Experience with fundraising CRM, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to maintain donor files and securely handle confidential donor information.
- Deep understanding of factory farming and how the system exploits and causes extreme suffering for animals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator that will attract new supporters to invest in Animal Equality’s mission
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment and manages conflict with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the U.S. and work a flexible schedule
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Fully adhere to and embrace Animal Equality’s leadership traits.
Salary and Benefits
$80,000-90,000 based on experience
Benefits and Perks: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid time off, paid sick time and holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year, companion animal-friendly office.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.