Philanthropy Department Intern
Terms of Employment: Part Time, Temporary, At Will, Paid Internship
Primary Mentor: Development Associate
Position Location: Los Angeles
Duration: June – August
Schedule: 10- 15 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Animal Equality seeks a Philanthropy Department Intern to provide assistance with fundraising related initiatives including prospect research, processing development revenue, assisting in grant writing and reporting, and completing special projects as needed. While in the position, the Philanthropy Department Intern will have the opportunity to observe and learn about non-profit fundraising including major gifts, foundation grant writing, common fundraising software, digital fundraising strategy, achievement reporting, and more. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the Philanthropy Department and is ideal for a results-driven, detail-oriented, well-organized, and highly energetic individual eager to learn and help end cruelty to farm animals.
- Assist in the composition and review of written materials related to fundraising
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor cultivation and recognition events as needed
- Conduct prospect research on potential funders
- Assist with acknowledgment of donations
- Assist with research related to travel needs of department
- Data cleanup and data entry in donor database
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Interest in learning about nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication including presentation skills
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality
- CRM experience is a plus
Dog friendly office in Hollywood.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.