Operations Administrative Assistant
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At-Will, Non-Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Operations
Position Location: Remote Greater Los Angeles (must be able to travel to downtown LA at least 1-2 times/week)
Animal Equality is an international farmed animal advocacy organization that is dedicated to defending animals through undercover investigations, corporate campaigns, and community engagement. With offices in the US, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India, Animal Equality is globally recognized as a leader in the animal protection movement with numerous accolades for effectiveness and impact in helping animals.
We are currently searching for an Operations Administrative Assistant to manage the day-to-day operations of our US team, including weekly coordination of our LA office. This position is primarily remote/home-based, with a strong preference for those candidates who are able to work onsite at least 1-2 days per week. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and extremely well-organized. The ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment is essential.
Serve as the first point of contact for the public, a key member of the international operations team, and the administrative backbone of the organization.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Engage with supporters and other external stakeholders
- Reply to general information requests with accurate, timely information
- Answer and direct phone calls in a helpful, friendly manner
- Produce and send correspondence, including emails and newsletters
- Provide general administrative support
- Plan and coordinate meetings and events, overseeing all logistics
- Receive, scan, and route mail, including recording and depositing donations
- Manage the LA office, including procurement and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Develop and maintain knowledge management
- Oversee document management, email, and calendars (Google Workplace)
- Ensure organizational efficiency and data integrity across all systems and records
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people on various issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and the use of project management tools, databases, and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of animal rights issues and alignment with effective animal advocacy
- Professional manner and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience. Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid time off, paid sick time and holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Application Period: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.