Terms of Employment: Part-time, Hourly, Temporary, At-Will
Duration: May 6 – May 23
Location: Chicago, IL
Wage: $15 per hour
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not located in Chicago, Animal Equality will pay for flights and provide accommodations
The McDonald’s Campaign:
Animal Equality is a part of a coalition of organizations campaigning for McDonald’s to adopt an animal welfare policy that would eliminate the worst abuses for chickens used for meat in its supply chain. You can learn more about the campaign at McChickenCruelty.com.
What You Will Be Doing:
- As a representative of Animal Equality, you will help us maintain a presence in front of McDonald’s Headquarters and throughout Chicago over the next month. You will be leafleting with a sign in front of McDonald’s Headquarters in downtown Chicago Mondays-Fridays while employees are coming into work, going to lunch, and leaving for the day. Participation may also be required in other grassroots outreach activities in the area that would be discussed as they come up.
- You will need to use either public transit or your own vehicle to get to McDonald’s Headquarters and any other necessary locations. Mileage will be reimbursed according to the Standard Non-Profit Mileage Rates provided by the IRS and and will reimburse for public transit costs.
- As you leaflet, you will also speak about the McDonald’s campaign with passersby, McDonald’s staff, and volunteers; and encourage people to sign the petition online
- Engaging the public
- Getting to and from McDonald’s Headquarters and any other locations as needed
- Administrative tasks such as logging hours, logging how many leaflets were handed out, and passing on any interesting stories or obstacles experienced to the campaign supervisor
- Taking photographs and videos during events
- Training any volunteers to support our activities
- Maintaining financial records of all payments to be reimbursed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Dedication to Animal Equality’s mission and ability to articulate it well to the public
- Able to show up on time and execute the work with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills
- Willing to travel around the city of Chicago
- In possession of a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- In possession of a smartphone, laptop and/or tablet with internet access
- Able to work well with others
- Confident, outgoing, positive, and friendly
- Knowledgeable about factory farm and slaughterhouse practices for chickens used for meat
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Knowledgeable about the McDonald’s campaign and how to discuss welfare issues
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.