Legal and Compliance Coordinator
Terms of Employment: Full time, Exempt, At-will
Reports to: General Counsel
Position Location: Boston, MA or Remote
To provide the Legal Department with day-to-day administrative and operations support and to assist with management and oversight of Animal Equality’s international legal and compliance matters as directed by the General Counsel.
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the organization’s attorneys, including coordinating and scheduling meetings and travel accommodations
- Manage receipts and expense reporting on behalf of the Legal Department and update budgets as required
- Engage in correspondence on behalf of the General Counsel and support with communication of the Legal Department staff
- Oversee communications with outside counsel and other relevant department contacts
- Manage Legal Department reporting and metrics
- Organize and maintain Legal Department electronic filing systems and databases
- Maintain spreadsheet and calendar of corporate legal and compliance matters for each entity summarizing requirements in various jurisdictions
- Maintain and track organization contracts and agreements across all jurisdictions
- Assist the organization’s attorneys in preparing and managing forms, documents, and presentations
- Assist the General Counsel in managing all other non-profit and corporate governance matters
- Conduct basic legal research and assist with substantive legal work as necessary
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Counsel
- Follow all human resource and operational procedures
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal setting
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and a high degree of professional ethics and discretion
- Proficiency in legal research database operations
- Detail-oriented with exceptional level of organization and efficiency
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and strong work ethic
- Flexibility and comfort managing simultaneous projects, working within time constraints, and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to anticipate a project’s needs and the needs and questions of the General Counsel
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team-driven environment
- Working knowledge of farmed-animal issues preferred
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT) and Google Suite (particularly Docs and Sheets)
- Experience with or comfort learning technological platforms such as Zoom and Asana
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) and Flexible Spending plans.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to work for Animal Equality, resume, and salary requirements.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.