INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
Do you have grit, a growth mindset, and a passion to work at an international animal protection organization? Join our international leadership team and make an impact for animals ensuring that technology and systems of Animal Equality’s eight offices run smoothly and efficiently.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA preferred; will consider US-based remote applicants
The International Director of Technology administers and maintains information technology systems for all Animal Equality offices globally. This position plans, directs, and manages the IT Department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements. This role provides organization-wide direction in areas of policy and planning for data processing and related functions (communication, office systems, connectivity, etc.). This role reports to the Executive Vice President.
- Direct the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet the organization’s needs.
- Plan and manage departmental staffing, development, organization, to ensure that the department functions in alignment with the strategic plan of the organization.
- Manage and oversee data and network security within the organization, making sure Animal Equality has necessary security protocols in place.
- Communicate security plans and policies and carry out risk assessments.
- Ensure all Animal Equality countries are compliant in all security requirements including but not limited to password management, monitoring systems for security breaches, etc.
- Maintain and manage technology and software license inventory.
- Monitor security compliance in accordance with Animal Equality standards, policies, and procedures.
- Create, maintain, and update systems documentation such as: policies, protocols, and process documents.
- Serve as the technical and communications liaison for stakeholders and office key users for technology and information systems communications, initiatives, needs assessments, etc.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Take charge of procurement, installation, and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software, inclusive of all systems used by Animal Equality internationally.
- Onboard new staff to all accounts and platforms.
- Provide consulting/training/education services such as data management and staff training/orientation for all systems used by Animal Equality internationally.
- Serve as the IT point of contact for existing offices and lead the IT setup of new offices, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions.
- Perform appropriate duties associated with Technology and Information Systems project-based activities.
- Participate in the identification, development, and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Monitor data backups and implement a system to ensure regular and complete backups.
- Mentor and support the professional growth of IT staff through weekly check-ins and ongoing development feedback.
- Improve data flows between key operational data systems to support analysis and decision making.
- Stay current on emerging systems and hardware and incorporate new developments into the future systems of the organization.
- Create processes for data collection and analysis, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the preparation and compilation of the monthly metrics, in coordination with each country/Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- More than 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated high efficiency in international environments, ownership, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience leading a team.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to think logically and analytically.
- Commitment to Animal Equality’s values.
- Animal Equality’s leadership values.
Benefits and Perks: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid time off, paid sick time and holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year, companion animal friendly office.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Application Period: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.