INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR OF IMPACT AND PEOPLE
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Reports to: Vice President
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA preferred; will consider US-based remote candidates
Are you passionate about people and impact? Join our international leadership team and make an everlasting impact on animals by ensuring Animal Equality’s people are reaching their full potential and achieving their objectives as they are empowered and grow during their time at Animal Equality
The International Director of Impact and People leads all aspects of Animal Equality’s people operations and culture. This key role builds departmental excellence focusing the department on impact, and ensuring the establishment and socialization of Animal Equality’s culture of accountability and empowerment to build excellence.
If you have an analytical and objective orientated mindset, you will thrive in this role! You will not only be impacting animals, you will be driving impact and efficiency across the organization.
- Analyze and improve talent acquisition, onboarding, employee lifecycle, compensation processes, employee departure, and align them with the organization’s culture and objectives.
- Analyze and establish strategies to implement within people operations that ensure empowerment and accountability of team members across eight countries as well as superior performance aligning employee growth and development with the organization’s objectives.
- Create and maintain detailed metrics of people analytics across the organization, including but not limited to recruitment, employee objective tracking, value and performance, employee retention and engagement, and employee training and development.
- Create an overarching international training and development strategy working alongside the Executive Directors and International Directors to align people’s growth and organizational maturity with Animal Equality’s requirements, objectives and needs.
- Ensure and maintain a culture of feedback within Animal Equality including specific training on feedback within the organization, reports on feedback implementation, the development of 360 reviews, survey analysis and improvement.
- Ensure and maintain adequate high-output management is the core of Animal Equality’s culture providing training and support to all managers across the organization.
- Establish clear productivity and impact metrics for employees, focusing on quality of work; and designing systems that ensure productivity and guarantee international implementation.
- Research, develop, write, and update people operations policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating them while enforcing organization values.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develop employer branding plan promoting the organization’s people brand internally and externally.
- Drive staff towards excellence, motivate the team and acquire outstanding new talent from within and outside the animal protection movement
- Oversee international projects.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Five years of experience in a similar position.
- Extensive managerial experience, including the expertise to build and mentor teams.
- High levels of detail orientation.
- High levels of integrity. Candidates will be tested for scores of honesty and humility.
- High knowledge of metrics, analysis, and data. A strong background in data analysis, preferably in people operations, and in the use of people operations measurement tools.
- A commitment to excellence and a demonstrable growth mindset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong professional relationships across the organization and with all levels of management as well as with external stakeholders.
- Strong technical skills, including the use of platforms such as Salesforce, Asana, and others.
- Experience working in a similar field internationally.
- Fully adhere to and embrace Animal Equality’s leadership traits.
Expected outcomes for the first year:
- Analyze and ensure the implementation of Animal Equality’s culture of accountability and empowerment by improving the organization’s processes as well as implementing metrics and programs for accountability and empowerment.
- Develop a strategy for the promotion of Animal Equality’s people operations internally and externally that communicate empowerment and excellence.
Implementing best practices and tools:
- Analyze and implement the best tools to track people’s performance across the organization and work with the Executive Directors and International Directors to implement.
- Analyze labor risks in the US, as well as within the organization and counsel Executive Directors internationally to minimize risks.
Management and mentorship:
- Establish an overarching strategy for the growth of team members within the organization that are aligned with the organization’s needs and requirements.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Executive Directors in each country as well as with Animal Equality’s International Directors.
- Develop an “executive mentorship program”, i.e. develop concept for identifying stars and promising talents and then growing them into future leaders in the organization.
- Develop a management curriculum at Animal Equality focused on high-output management principles, and support managers and the organization in its implementation.
Benefits and Perks: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid time off, paid sick time and holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year, companion animal friendly office.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Application Period: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.