iAnimal Outreach Tour Crew
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Temporary, Non-exempt
Reports to: Campaigns Manager
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Our iAnimal project introduces a new tool in animal protection to expose cruelty inside factory farms and slaughterhouses. With the 360-degree immersive experience, viewers get a unique perspective into the lives of farmed animals through virtual reality. You can learn more here.
What you will be doing:
Animal Equality is taking the iAnimal project to colleges and universities once again, making this our 12th tour! We will have two employees teamed up doing outreach in the Midwest, starting in Chicago.
- The two employees will be traveling by car to the events, setting up the iAnimal display, and encouraging people to experience our iAnimal virtual reality video. (Transportation to and from the tour will be coordinated by Animal Equality. Mileage will be reimbursed according to the Standard Non-Profit Mileage Rates provided by the IRS).
- The employees will assist the viewers with the virtual reality headsets and answer any questions before and after they watch, and ask them to sign a pledge to cut back or cut out eating animal products.
- The employees will also be distributing Animal Equality’s veg leaflets to viewers and during downtime, which contain important information on why and how to go vegan.
- Engaging the public
- Driving between event locations
- Communicating with Animal Equality staff to facilitate vehicle and equipment maintenance/repairs
- The two employees will be responsible for all of the equipment during the extent of the project
- The employees will be responsible for administrative tasks such as logging approximate reach of viewers, location of set up at school, and any obstacles faced.
- The employees will be responsible for taking photographs and videos during events
- The employees will be responsible for training any volunteers
- The employees will be responsible for maintaining financial records of all spending
- The employees may assist in finding housing accommodations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Be dedicated to Animal Equality’s mission and be able to articulate it well to the public
- Be organized
- Be willing to travel and assist driving
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Have a smartphone, laptop and/or tablet with internet access
- Work well with others
- Have a working car (please still apply even if you don’t have a car; the other hire may use theirs)
- Be confident, outgoing, positive and friendly
- Be knowledgeable about factory farm and slaughterhouse practices
- Have basic tech knowledge
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be able to lift 50 lbs or more
Application Period and Employment Period:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Empoyment starts early September and ends early November.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.