International HR Manager
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Operations
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA (will consider remote)
We are looking to add a key member to our international Operations team to help support our rapid growth through strategic HR management and planning. The International HR Manager will report to the International Director of Operations, providing guidance to our team of International Directors and Operations Managers. We put our people and our culture at the forefront of our work. We are looking for someone who is aligned with our mission to help support our people to do their best work.
- Be a key member of the Operations team, strategically partnering with the International and Executive Directors
- Serve as first point of contact for all HR needs for the US staff and as needed with the international staff, escalating issues to the International Director of Operations when necessary
- Support the Directors across all areas of the employee lifecycle:
- training + development
- employee relations/investigations
- performance management
- diversity initiatives
- leave management
- culture and staff engagement
- Guide Directors and Managers on personnel issues and conflicts, serving as a trusted advisor
- Create action plans for performance issues and track progress
- Provide regular feedback and recommendations to International Director of Operations on issues and opportunities
- Conduct exit interviews for all employees
- Oversee the annual staff survey process
- Assist with planning staff retreats
- Create and implement employee policies and procedures as needed with input of relevant stakeholders, and in collaboration with the International Director of Operations
- Communicate changes in policies and procedures to staff, ensuring proper compliance is followed
- Based on performance insights, assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Stay educated on legislature and cultural trends impacting the field of HR
- Research specific HR areas and international laws as needed
- Perform other related duties as necessary, requiring strong judgment and initiative
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years in HR, working across multiple areas (international HR experience is a plus)
- Strong background in employee relations
- Ability to maintain balance of employee and organizational needs
- Comfortable working with a growing organization, experience working for a mission driven organization is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills are all critical for success in this role
- High degree of professional ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional appearance and adherence to vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k). Casual office environment includes companion animals.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.