Full Stack Developer
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Location: Remote US-based
Animal Equality is an international organization working with society, governments, and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India and has been regarded as a top charity in recognition of its efficiency and efficacy in helping animals.
You’re at ease with webpack and composer without neglecting shell scripting or regular expressions? Not afraid about spending time within the WordPress hooks’ system or recompiling SASS numerous times? You’re willing to work fully remotely with other international developers, learn about a new software stack and use your skills to improve it?
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and collaborating with the rest of the IT team, the Full Stack Developer will take on a key role within our growing international IT team. Our Full Stack developer must know all stages of software development.
- Develop responsive websites and web applications optimized for mobile and desktop devices
- Maintain and improve existing web-oriented projects regarding functionality, accessibility, and user experience
- Troubleshoot UI and improve its performance accordingly
- Maintain and improve code integrity, organization, consistency, and performance
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Design overall architecture of Animal Equality’s websites
- Perform training and support activities
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and sysadmins. Tailor web solutions to their needs and requirements
- Maintain consistency with the organization’s brand
- Full alignment with Animal Equality’s mission and culture principles
- Write clean and readable code compliant with existing coding guidelines
- Well-founded experience in setting up, maintaining, and improving frontend toolchains consisting of pre/post-processing, transpiling, linting, and bundling
- Proficient with Git version management, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to work both in international teams and independently
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and professional development
- High degree of professional ethics / Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional appearance
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Basic knowledge of systems scripting, automation skills and/or protocols (HTTPS, Apache, Cloudflare, Ansible …), and data processing would be an appreciated plus.
Compensation: $52,000 to $65,000
Benefits:100% employer-covered health, dental, vision, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.