Anticipated between 20 and 25 hours per week
Pay rate: $22-28/hour
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Animal Equality is looking for a Freelance Copywriter to support the Marketing, Communication, and Fundraising teams in spreading the message of our mission to protect farmed animals.
The Copywriter will connect with our supporters by using informative and persuasive storytelling to cultivate empathy and drive action. They will be able to produce high-quality content independently and on time.
- Understand Animal Equality’s mission, history, and brand to interpret and implement the organization’s objectives for different channels and audiences, including donors, supporters, volunteers, and event participants.
- Write and edit compelling, clear, and strategic copy that drives results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining brand voice and tone.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Communication, and Fundraising teams to develop written materials in a variety of formats, including newsletters, appeals, press releases, blog and news posts, web and interactive content, video scripts, and thought leadership pieces, considering responses from the target community.
- Ensure written materials are clear, concise, and have a compelling call to action.
- Revise copy based on feedback/direction.
- Proofread written work and online content.
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience with demonstrated proficiency across a spectrum of digital media (email, web, SEO, social). Experience as a copywriter in an advertising or fundraising capacity preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience in direct response marketing, conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, web, product, brand messaging, and promotional copy.
- Good statistical analysis and reporting skills.
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices.