Terms of Employment: Full Time, At-Will, Non-Exempt
Reports to: President
Position Location: Home office, but must be based in Austin, TX
The role of the Executive Assistant is to manage the day-to-day operations of the President and Executive Vice President. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized. The ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment is essential.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate schedules to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead
- Anticipate daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; categorizing receipts and creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings; proofreading presentations
- Take notes during, and follow up on action items from, meetings with various members of staff
- Compose business correspondence and internal emails as directed
- Track information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders
- Work with other departments and international offices to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the President and Vice President are engaged throughout the organization
- Implement and coordinate special projects assigned by the President and Vice President
- Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, and other external and internal meetings, such as conferences, donor meetings, speaking engagements, etc
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy, and culture.
- A minimum of two years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss
- Ability to be diplomatic, firm when necessary, as may be appropriate to the situation
- Sensitive to the need for discretion and confidentiality related to Executives’ work
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning
- Proficient in use of Apple, Microsoft Office, Asana and Google Workspace(preferred)
- Available on occasion for additional hours outside regular schedule as needed for travel
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions, while managing tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Access to personal transportation strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Pay and Benefits:
$24 per hour. The benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, and vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.