Digital Marketing Manager
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Exempt, At-will
Reports to: International Director of Marketing
Staff reports: None
Position Location: Remote, US-based
The Digital Marketing Manager will grow the organization’s online audience by engaging our existing donor, prospect, and fan base via effective and innovative digital marketing strategies.
- Develop and manage innovative marketing and digital fundraising campaigns with the goal of acquiring, renewing and retaining donors
- Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization
- Develop and manage email campaigns, landing pages, tools and graphics for online fundraising activities, including donation forms
- Implement Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives and Giving Day campaigns
- Coordinate the delivery of strategic multi-channel fundraising and marketing campaigns
- Create, manage, and optimize paid campaigns to achieve fundraising objectives and optimize for the lowest possible cost per result and overall positive ROAS daily
- Measure, evaluate, analyze, test and refine current fundraising strategies to enhance participation and revenue
- Define, plan, and achieve annual objectives and key performance indicators
- Manage the digital communications editorial calendar as well as the creation, production and delivery of organization-targeted email communication
- Provide accurate and insightful digital income analytical reports
- Manage the organization’s web-based fundraising and marketing tools/platforms
- Stay abreast of industry best practices within the nonprofit sector and more broadly in the commercial sector
Qualifications and requirements:
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- A minimum of five years of related work experience in direct response fundraising and marketing, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies
- Proven experience with digital marketing platforms including CRMs (Salesforce and Every Action preferred), email marketing tools, CMS, connectors and plug-ins
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys, and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience using A/B testing in advocacy, fundraising and/or marketing capacity
- Social media fundraising strategy experience
- Strong copywriter for fundraising emails
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Must be able to handle confidential matters
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented international work environment
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality
Salary and Benefits:
$60,000-65,000. The benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
When you apply for a job at Animal Equality, we collect personal data from you during the evaluation process, including your name, contact information, resume, and cover letter. We may retain this data for internal purposes for up to 1 year, including after the hiring process is complete, to consider you for future employment. Please let us know if you would prefer we delete your data in the event we select another candidate. We will not sell or share your information with any third party.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, reproductive health decisions or other non-merit factor.