DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
Terms of Employment: Full-time, exempt, at-will
Reports to: International Director of Marketing & Executive Vice President
Position Location: Remote, U.S. mainland.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for executing Animal Equality’s digital marketing strategy in the US. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Coordinator develops an effective annual campaign that will generate income via developing “best practices” for digital fundraising, media buying, and lead generation across multiple platforms. This position is ideal for a deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and well-organized self-starter committed to reducing animal suffering.
- Full alignment with Animal Equality’s mission and culture principles
- Contribute, execute, and oversee a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy, including microsites, newsletters, social media, online fundraising, and video, to build an engaged online community of donors.
- Contribute to the digital fundraising calendar, provide suggested content, and respond rapidly to digital fundraising opportunities.
- Segment donors regularly and identify opportunities to motivate giving among those constituencies and segments. Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns.
- Set up and monitor effective media buying strategies (Meta, Google, and Youtube), negotiating and purchasing ad space and time slots with various media outlets. Ensure ads are creative, consistent with Animal Equality’s strategic plan and guidelines, and displayed appropriately. Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Participate in media planning to identify target audiences and craft effective campaigns. Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix.
- Analyze digital fundraising data and measure appropriate KPIs, including open-rate, click-through, conversion, and lifetime value, to ensure efficiency.
- Perform appropriate testing to maximize donor engagement and apply insights to drive future tactics and strategy.
- Apply appropriate digital strategies to provide a positive donor experience, improve the donor journey, acquire new donors, maintain retention, and engage lapsed donors.
- Write and develop ad concepts for digital fundraising campaigns, including Meta platforms, as well as YouTube and Google (Google Ads, Display Network, and Google Grant)
- Collaborate with appropriate staff members on the planning, development, and execution of crowdfunding initiatives and other targeted campaigns to increase annual fund participation.
- Produce and ensure materials of the highest standards of editorial quality, relevance, readability, accuracy, and Animal Equality brand standards.
- Research and stay abreast of digital fundraising best practices, third-party programs, and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Three to five years of experience or comparable work with online fundraising, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization.
- Thorough understanding of digital fundraising and the principles of online communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of EveryAction and Salesforce desirable.
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) regulations a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a plant-based lifestyle.
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality.
Salary and Benefits:
$49,000 to $55,000 annually based on experience. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.