Corporate Outreach Manager
Location: Remote, USA
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt, At-will
Reports to: International Director of Corporate Outreach
At Animal Equality, you will work alongside a team of extraordinary people who, with compassion, effectiveness, and determination, give their best every day to end the atrocities of factory farming.
We are looking for a Corporate Outreach Manager to work with major food companies and producers to adopt and implement meaningful animal welfare policies. This is a crucial time for farmed animal welfare because the US Supreme Court is currently considering overturning important animal protection legislation for farmed animals.
The right person for the role will be a resilient and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and a strategic mindset. The successful candidate will demonstrate a sound understanding of farmed animal issues, business, and negotiation.
Animal Equality is one of the most effective global farm animal protection organizations. With your contribution, you can help millions of animals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research which food companies in each sector have the potential to impact the most animals, review their current animal welfare guidelines and prioritize outreach
- Draft outreach materials, including but not limited to email language, dossiers, and presentations
- Cultivate relationships with and maintain contact details for executives at major food companies
- Consistently engage with companies—providing research, news stories, connections to animal welfare experts, and other relevant materials—to persuade them to adopt animal welfare policies.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations to persuade companies to adopt animal welfare policies and represent our corporate outreach efforts at conferences and other forums.
- Stay informed of industry trends and initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, the expansion of companies into other locations, and the diversification of their businesses.
- Coordinate with the Animal Equality corporate campaigns staff on outreach and campaigns
- Stay current with the latest progress in the corporate outreach space and collaborate with other groups working toward the same goals.
- Evaluate and measure program efficacy and efficiency and suggest areas for improvement
- Conduct administrative duties such as scheduling travel and submitting expense reports
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor
- Full alignment with Animal Equality’s mission and culture principles
- Minimum of three years of experience in nonprofits, public affairs, corporate affairs, government relations, issue advocacy, corporate campaigning, grassroots campaigning, political organizing, communications, psychology, sociology, marketing, business, sales, or related fields
- Sophisticated negotiation skills and proven ability to persuade or motivate others
- Vision, insight, creativity, and a strategic outlook
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, especially when faced with confrontational situations and while under pressure
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an unbeatable work ethic
- Comfort working within time constraints and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Self-motivation to work independently as well as a collegial personality conducive to teamwork
- Exceptional level of organization, efficiency, and ability to multitask
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of professional ethics
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT), Google Suite (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Slides), and Mac Keynote
- Experience with or comfort learning new technological platforms such as Zoom, Asana, and Slack
Salary and Benefits:
$55,000-60,000 annually, based on experience. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until August 19th.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.