Corporate Outreach Manager
Terms of Employment: Full time, Exempt, At-will
Reports to: International Director of Corporate Outreach
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
To encourage and collaborate with major food companies and producers to adopt and strengthen meaningful farmed animal welfare policies.
- Research which food companies in each sector have the potential to impact the most animals, review their current animal welfare guidelines, and prioritize outreach
- Draft outreach materials, including but not limited to email language, dossiers, and presentations
- Cultivate relationships with and maintain contact details for executives at major food companies
- Consistently engage with companies—providing research, news stories, connections to animal welfare experts, and other relevant materials—to persuade them to adopt animal welfare policies
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations to persuade companies to adopt animal welfare policies and represent our corporate outreach efforts at conferences and other forums
- Serve as a media spokesperson for corporate outreach program and brainstorm compelling angles to promote corporate outreach work in the media
- Stay informed of industry trends and initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, the expansion of companies into other locations, and the diversification of their businesses
- Coordinate with the Animal Equality corporate campaigns staff on outreach and campaigns
- Collaborate with the Animal Equality Animal Welfare Specialist to thoroughly understand the animal welfare standards for which we advocate
- Stay current with the latest progress in the corporate outreach space and collaborate with other groups working toward the same goals
- Manage budget and ensure appropriate spending
- Evaluate and measure program efficacy and efficiency and suggest areas for improvement
- Conduct administrative duties such as scheduling travel and submitting expense reports
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in nonprofits, public affairs, corporate affairs, government relations, issue advocacy, corporate campaigning, grassroots campaigning, political organizing, communications, psychology, sociology, marketing, business, or related field
- Sophisticated negotiation skills and proven ability to persuade or motivate others
- Vision, insight, creativity, and a strategic outlook
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, especially when faced with confrontational situations and while under pressure
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an unbeatable work ethic
- Comfort working within time constraints and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Self-motivation to work independently as well as a collegial personality conducive to teamwork
- Exceptional level of organization, efficiency, and ability to multitask
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of professional ethics
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT), Google Suite (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Slides), and Mac Keynote
- Experience with or comfort learning new technological platforms such as Zoom, Asana, and Slack
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Animal Equality offers an excellent benefits package. Casual, companion animal friendly office environment.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to work for Animal Equality, resume, and salary requirements.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.