COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – ANIMAL EQUALITY
Terms of Employment: Full-time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Location: remote US-based
Animal Equality is looking for a purpose-driven Communications Manager to create memorable stories and build media interest around our work for farmed animals in the US.
The Communications Manager is responsible for all communications in the US (including social media, website, media, and public relations) to ensure that both tone and content are in accordance with Animal Equality’s mission, voice, and communications guidelines.
This position is a unique opportunity to advance your career while working with some of the most important media publications in the world and being part of a global team of passionate advocates.
- Successfully oversee and manage Animal Equality’s Communications Department in the US, including media relations, social media, writing, web development, and graphic design
- Work alongside the Vice President to assure the implementation and success of Animal Equality’s voice and the Communication strategy plan in the US
- Develop and maintain key media relations that ensure significant media presence for Animal Equality in the US, as well as attending to media interviews and organizing press conferences
- Oversee and generate online content in coordination with our marketing department that engages the audience and leads to measurable action.
- Support the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, social media, blog, press releases, and Animal Equality websites
- Track and measure the level of engagement within Animal Equality’s network over time and make strategic decisions based on relevant tracked data
- Provide strategic interdepartmental support, working with all staff, when necessary, on media training, contact management, demonstrations, and promotional materials
- Create and generate a strategy for key spokespeople
- Others assigned by supervisor
The Communications Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to engage with team members of all levels across departments and countries
- Demonstrated ability to develop robust media relations that result in media coverage and stories
- Exceptional communication abilities, including writing, speaking, and active listening
- In-depth knowledge of best writing and messaging practices for business correspondence, public relations, media relations, and social media
- Understanding of crisis management
- Ability to organize press conferences, and attend media interviews
- Great project management skills, including time management, goal-setting, multitasking, and prioritization
- Good data analysis, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Management abilities, including training and mentorship
- Commitment to Animal Equality’s mission and the organization’s strategic plan
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with an empowered approach
- Full adherence to Animal Equality’s culture mission statement, culture principles, and staff traits.
Compensation: $55,000-60,000 DOE
Benefits: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid time off, paid sick time and holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.