Corporate Outreach + Campaigns Intern
Terms of Employment: Part Time, At Will, Paid Internship.
Reports to: Campaigns Manager
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: January – May
Schedule: 16 – 24 hours per week. Schedule is flexible, but must be available some weekends.
- Be available to attend fairs, festivals, or conferences in Los Angeles
- Research key details of companies, including corporate structure, history, animal welfare standards, leadership, social media handles, and affiliates
- Develop campaign strategy and schedule of campaign tactics
- Develop volunteer action network to mobilize volunteers to take actions on campaigns including calls and emails to corporate decision makers and posting on social media
- blogs related to campaigns and corporate outreach successes
- websites related to campaigns and provide updates for sites per corporate successes
- petitions and petition updates
- Facebook ads for campaigns
- letters to company board members, shareholders, and other stakeholders
- video content for campaigns, including video scripts and video concepts
- Manage logistics of advertisement placement in newspapers, creation of mobile billboards, coordination of demonstrations and petition drops, and other creative tactics
- Evaluate and measure program efficacy and efficiency and suggest areas for improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and see them to completion
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated with well-developed problem solving skills
- Experience with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Working knowledge of factory farming practices and relevant US legislation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Equality’s positions
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.