Administrative and Philanthropy Associate
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, At-Will
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: home office in Los Angeles, CA
This key role will support Animal Equality’s Operations and Philanthropy Departments in an administrative capacity, including, but not limited to donor care and remote office operations. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized. The ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for an entry level position in the animal movement in an international organization.
- Sort and distribute Animal Equality’s mail and deposit checks weekly
- Oversee various email accounts and respond to inquiries from the public adhering to Animal Equality’s communication and philanthropy guidelines
- Answer Animal Equality’s phone and respond to the public adhering to Animal Equality’s strict communication guidelines
- Prepare and organize monthly staff meetings and organize, participate in and take notes in philanthropy and administrative meetings as requested
- Support with payroll processing as needed
- Work with the insurance agent alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the organization is adequately covered at all times
- Set up and manage state withholding and state unemployment accounts
- Maintain donor records in the Salesforce CRM database, including ongoing updates to donor and prospect constituent records, entering financial gift information and creating financial reports.
- Manage new and existing vendor relationships to include contracting, invoicing, spend efficiencies, and expenses.
- Communicate with and provide courteous service to donors, including management of gift inquiries and issues, via email and phone
- Support the Operations Manager and Donor Care Associate with additional projects as required
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- A minimum of one year work experience preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization or in the field of fundraising/development or operations.
- Strong knowledge of GSuite
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and a high degree of professional ethics and discretion
- Must have the ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information.
- Detail-oriented with an exceptional level of organization and efficiency
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and strong work ethic
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Experience with or comfort learning technological platforms such as Zoom, Tresorit and Asana
Salary and Benefits:
$22 per hour. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.